Ministry of Health is a Government Ministry responsible for one of the important sectors that takes care of promoting a healthy and productive life for the population in Uganda.
This Ministry aims to have the highest possible level of health services to all people in Uganda. This is approached by overseeing health services delivery, promotion, and prevention, curative, palliative and rehabilitative services at all levels.
Ministry of Health is engaged in the monitoring and provision of clinical support functions, regulatory functions and research activities related to health.
This Ministry works with specialized health service bodies like: Uganda Blood Transfusion Service (UBTS), National Medical Stores and National Public Health Laboratories, National Drug Authority, Uganda National Health Research Organization (UNHRO).
Ministry of Education and Sports is mandated to:
• Formulate policies related to health
• Coordinate dialogue with Health Development Partners,
• Support resource mobilization and budgeting, strategic planning, regulation, advising other ministries on health matters,
• Set standards and quality assurance, capacity development and technical support related to health
• Provide National coordination of health services such as epidemic control, health research and monitoring and evaluation of the overall sector performance.
Minister of Health Dr. Ruhakana Rugunda is responsible for political leadership of this Ministry.
Plot 6 Lourdel Rd, Nakasero
General Telephones:+256 (0)417712260 +256-414-340874 /231563 /9 Permanent Secretary’s Office: 256-414-340872 Fax: 256-41-4231584
Email: email@example.com Toll free: 0800 100 066